Board and Executive
The Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery Act 2017 establishes TMAG as a statutory authority which is an instrumentality of the Crown, and the Board of Trustees of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery is provided with financial support from the Tasmanian Government. All employees are state public servants, and TMAG is subject to the policy and governance frameworks applied to Tasmanian Government agencies.
The Minister for the Arts appoints Board members and provides clarity of responsibilities through a Minister’s Statement of Expectation. The Statement sets out the Government’s broad policy expectation and requirements for TMAG to the extent allowed in the Act.
Board of Trustees of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Ms Brett Torossi, Chair
- Professor Jim Reid
- Mr Scott Baddiley
- Mr Mark Fraser
- Mr Andrew Catchpole
- Ms Heather Rose
- Dr David Sudmalis, Acting Director
- Mr Andy Baird, Deputy Director, Engagement
- Mr Laurence Paine, Deputy Director, Business and Operations
- Ms Jane Stewart, Principal Curator (Art)
- Ms Philippa Cox, Registrar
- Dr Gintaras Kantvilas, Head of Herbarium