All groups visiting the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery need to book a minimum of two weeks in advance of your proposed visit date.
Guided tours for clubs, tourist groups or other organisations please click here.
Educational groups (schools, college, university)
Educational groups can come to TMAG on self-guided visits or guided programs. All groups need to book to avoid overcrowding in the galleries and to ensure you and your group get the best out of your visit.
The following information will be required at the time you make a booking:
- Self-guided visit or guided program
- Preferred dates (please have at least two options)
- The time you wish to visit (We're open from open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm daily)
- The particular galleries or exhibitions you would like to visit (if self-guided visit)
- The program you would like to participate in (if guided program)
- The number and grade of students attending
- The number of teachers and adults attending
- The name of the supervising teacher, their email address and phone number
- Contact details for your school or organisation
Please ensure an adult/child ratio of 1:5 for primary school-aged or 1:10 for high school-aged students to ensure a quality experience for your group.
Bookings are requested a minimum of two weeks in advance of your proposed visit date. To make a group booking, or for further information about group visits please contact the Centre for Learning and Discovery. Email is the best method to make a booking.
If it is necessary to cancel or make changes to your booking, please do so as early as possible by email or phone: (03) 6211 4189